Sunday, January 31, 2010

Body after baby week 4- Do you snack?

So this week’s topic is snacking and what is your favorite snack. So do I snack, in a word yes. I’ve found that snacking during the day and eating smaller meals I generally feel better about myself and what I eat. At work I keep snacks at my desk that are healthier than vending machine stuff or leftovers from meetings. Right now at my desk I have baked chips (to eat with lunch some days), 25% less sugar peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars, a couple of packets of hot chocolate (for the massive chocolate cravings, oatmeal and honey bunches of oats. I also keep crystal light drink mix and skim milk at my desk along with my coffee supplies. With all these things I still only snack or eat meals when I’m really hungry. My favorite snack though lately has been chips and salsa. I’ve been on quite the spicy food kick lately and that really satisfies the snack craving.

So this past week has been pretty good. I’m still logging all my food/ activity on fat secret and syncing it with my blackberry. I think the thing I like most is that I can put in all the activity I do during a day from sleeping, nursing, desk work ect. The program counts all of it and shows you how many calories you burn during a day vs how many calories you’ve consumed.

Since starting this I’ve been able to see how much I’ve lost. I normally weigh in twice a week before I go to work. I try and do it around the same time so that the conditions are the same each time. This week I weighed in on Sunday at 132.8 and when I weighed in Thursday morning I was down to 131.6. If I can keep this up I’ll reach my initial goal of getting down to 130 in a couple of weeks. After that my goal is to get down to 125lbs which is where I started before I got pregnant with Dot.

My goals for this week are pretty simple. I just want to stay on track and keep up with my food tracking. Also a side goal is to not manage to injure myself this week in our ice hockey scrimmage!

1 comment:

Alaythea said...

I don't really snack anymore, I used to be a huge snacker and that's what got me into trouble! I eat 5-6 small meals a day (around 250-300 each) all healthy stuff, no snacking in between. This keeps me satisfied and full and keeps my metabolism up. The work outs I do burn approx. 800-1000 calories per work out. So I generally consume about 1500-1700 calories a day through small meals.