Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Frustration

That’s about the only word I can use to describe how I felt this past weekend. I’m not frustrated at W, Mac or Butters, but more with things that keep happening with this pregnancy.

I know the longer she stays put the better, but this past weekend really continued to test my patience.

For the past 3 days, I’ve had contractions off and on. I’m not talking about just Braxton hicks, but real ones. They come between every 10 and 15 minutes for a couple of hours then stop. This happens normally about 3 times a day.

So when I get them I do what I’ve been told to do to stop them. Rest, eat something and drink plenty of fluids. I do this and they get worse but when I’m just a little dehydrated or hungry I don’t get them at all.

Between those and the waves of nausea that hit for no reason it was a rough weekend for me. The nausea is normally triggered by the smell of cooking food which just seems really odd. At times it feels like the same mess that happened in my first trimester is happening again.

I’m at the point where I am emotionally spent right now. I can’t seem to trust the signals my body is giving me anymore. I’m tired of feeling the contractions get closer and thinking we might end up in the hospital just to have them die off. Its exhausting to have them at work and still try and concentrate on what I need to do while getting up a few dozen times to deal with them.

Ok sorry for yet another post where I complain but I just had to vent yet again.

No comments: