Monday, September 28, 2009

36 weeks No news is good news right?

So after our little scare going to L&D for the night I’ve been laying low. I had another weekly appointment last Monday and today.

Last week my OB checked me and said I was 2cm and 50%. This was kind of irritating after I was told in L&D that I was 3 and 75%. He brought up the meds and said to stay on them for a while longer. Granted he says this after the day before we went and walked around Bridge Street and I was really hurting later that night. After talking to W about it all we decided that I would stop taking the meds. They were causing more side effects and they were getting worse.

So it’s been a week and I seriously think I’ve had fewer contractions off the meds than I did on them. On Sunday I didn’t even feel one. This is after I took Butters to Rainbow Mountain and we went exploring on a hiking trail and played on the playground for about an hour. Also that morning I took the infant swing out of his closet which meant removing the crib pieces and the hanging organizer. After all this activity during the day all I felt was a little tired that night. No major cramps or anything.

So today I went back for another weekly appointment. The stats so far are:
My BP 130/70 ( a little high for me)
Her HR 137 (a little lower than normal for her)
Weight 157lbs
My doctor checked again and I’m about the same as last week. I asked him about her size since at this point with Butters he was worried about his size. He said she is pretty small still and measuring a couple of weeks behind. He said in a couple of weeks she might be around Butters birth weight but at the moment not even close.

He would like me to hold out one more week but at this point we are in the clear if I go into labor on my own. He wants to see me again in a week or as he put it “I’ll see you in a week assuming you make it that far”.

I’m trying to not get my hopes up. We’ve spent the last few months on edge about when she would arrive. Now it is officially a waiting game.

I’m going to end this post on a positive note. We have now officially reached the point where our chances of seeing the NICU are very small with her. Boys born at this point still have a good chance, but girls tend to do much better. The running joke is that if she doesn’t end up in the NICU W and I will be kind of lost and not sure what to think. We know how the NICU works but being discharged with her will be a very welcome but odd adventure.

Anyway things are still good and we are all just anxious to meet her.


Renee said...

NO news IS good news!! Best of luck this week!!!!

Liz said...

Good news! Hang on, Dot!

Natalie said...

The longer she bakes the better!