Monday, September 7, 2009

33 Weeks

So we had another appointment at 31 weeks but nothing much changed so I didn’t do a post about it. Things are still about the same. He increased the frequency of my medication, which has caused more side effects. Due to the increased amount of the drug in my system, my feet stay really red and swollen. Other than that, he wants me to stay on the med until 36 weeks. The longer she stays put the better our chances are of limited intervention after her birth actually are.

I think the medication though is losing its effectiveness. I still have contractions break through during the day and more at night. I’m averaging about one strong one an hour. Also, these are getting to the point where sometimes I can’t just sit down in my chair at work and get through them. I have to get up and walk around or do something else to get through them.

One thing did happen this past week. I felt her drop and even W could feel the change in position of her. She is down very low and at this point I feel like things could start at any time. I mean it could be 3 days from now or 3 weeks, but we just don’t know.

This past week I finally got all the paperwork squared away for my maternity leave. Last time that I had it all done Butters decided to make his arrival a couple of days later. Hopefully getting all this done isn’t a sign to Dot to do the same thing.

So right now mine and Butters bag’s are packed. W hasn’t packed his bag, but he proved last time that it will take him all of 10 minutes to pack his clothes and the electronics we will need.

Now we are officially in a waiting game. There are baby showers planned for us on the 12th and 13th and hopefully we will make it to those! My next appointment is this week with my nurse practitioner since my doctor will be out of town. Hopefully she will be able to give us some good news such as I’m not progressing like I feel like I am and how big Dot is now.

We still think about the possibilities of her ending up in the NICU due to being born early. W and I were talking about it one night this past week after someone said something to me at work about it and we figured out how feel about it all. We are both just numb to it at this point. We both know that the chances are good that she will end up there for a little while, but we still hope for the best. If she does have to go to the NICU we know what to expect and we know what it will take mentally, emotionally and physically to deal with it. We joke that if she does get to room in with us it will be shocking!

No comments: